Cowboy Bebop and Humanoid Typhoon

Hollywood REALLY needs to come up with new storylines. First they made Dragonball Z into a movie. That flopped. I mean, I’m the first generation Dragonball Z kid, who watched it on time in Japan, and when I saw the trailer I rolled around on the sofa laughing for about three minutes.

Well, what does Hollywood pick up next? COWBOY BEBOP. Now, if it was animated or completely CG I wouldn’t mind. I love Spike and Faye, and I really hoped those two would get together.

But no. It’s live action. Not only is that just plain awful, it’s KEANU REEVES playing Spike.

Now, let us compare the two. Spike is a 27 year old, 6’1, 170lb guy who is a former mobster. He (thinks he) was betrayed by his love, Julia, and lives as a bounty hunter with his mate, Jet. His character is somewhat lazy and laid back, with very awkward and sarcastic emotional display.

Keanu Reeves is NOT twenty-seven. He is almost twice that age! This is an insult to Spike Spiegel.

On the other hand, Trigun is becoming a movie as well. This one is animated. And hopefully the same voice actor. So that one should be better.

Trigun movie will be released in Japan on April 24th, 2010.

Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Paquita - Variation V Shostakovich - Tea for Two