Accent Nightmare

J has a French accent. JB has Queen’s English. IM has Sussex. I have Essex. And we’re all losing it.

No, we are not losing our minds. But J is starting to sound Brooklyn, JB is starting to sound American, IM is starting to speak Changlish (Chinese English) and I’m starting to think in American!

Not good.

We happen to like our accents, thank you very much. J’s French inability to say “have” with the H sound apparently makes him sound sexy (although we have repeatedly joked that it just makes him sound gay). JB’s RP is impressive. He really speaks in Queen’s English. And IM and I like our accents, it makes us sound… well, understandable.

So we have made a pact not to lose it. It sounds silly, I know, but it helps to feel that there’s three other people on the same boat.

Whilst writing this, I was listening to -

Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Paquita - Variation V Shostakovich - Tea for Two