Frontman Rant.

For the past three semesters I have been in a quartet. Quartet, as it turns out, requires organisation far more than skills, and I was taking care of organisational schemes for the past two semesters (setting up practice rooms, setting times up, getting in contact with everybody). This semester, after our third cello left, a professional instructor came in lieu, and he designated someone else as the “frontman”.

Good, I thought. I’m freed from obligations.

What a frontman does, essentially, collects information, distributes accordingly, and takes actions. So if someone is sick, it’s frontman’s job to tell it to the instructor; someone is missing, it’s also the frontman’s job to contact them and know where they are. They are the organisers of the group; sets up time, reserves room, contacts instructor, e.t.c. Since I was no longer the frontman, I relegated the information (that I was busy this week and can’t do it Wednesday or Friday) to our new frontman.

Well, as it turns out, our new frontman did NOT inform the instructor. And now the instructor is pissed off. Apparently he wants me to quit.

So I shall.

That opens up two hours during the week, not to mention I get to go home at 3:45 – ish on Fridays. And do homework. And other things that demand my attention.

They can try to find someone else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Paquita - Variation V Shostakovich - Tea for Two