Stop Backstabbing, Damn It

I’m not saying that professors are all backstabbers and they deserve to die a most painful, gruesome death, but this one bites it.

A few months ago I applied to one of the professors in the biology department to do research. I, unlike others, have no plans of becoming a clinical physician. I don’t care that there are three million people dying of horrible diseases everyday. I just don’t. I want to become a researcher, yes, a researching physician, yes, but at most all I want to do is sit in a laboratory setting and not speak to anyone all day.

Well, the scheduling REALLY didn’t work out, so I didn’t get the post. The professor, however, told me that I should reapply this semester, because one, I sound like such an enthusiastic researcher, and two, because he’d want someone who isn’t looking to buff up a med school resume for once.

And then he goes ahead and gives it away. The post. To someone else.

I’m not saying I’m the most deserving, but COME ON. I am getting really peeved here. It doesn’t help that most Physics research needs a substantial amount of prep work before you even get to say E=mc2. Biology is borderline non-science, and that’s why it’s easy to do research. It’s mostly luck, and almost no theory.

So here it is. The fucking biologists deserve to die. They waste the most money and don’t do shit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Paquita - Variation V Shostakovich - Tea for Two